Resignation

By Daniel
Image Motto: Pacis per totus semita (The path of peace with all)
Daniel

Resignation

Postby Daniel » April 11th, 2012, 1:51 pm

This is a sad note, but one I have been putting of writing for some time. I have decided that the time has come for me to depart the union. My life has become incredibly busy, being at uni full time and raising a teenager. I have tried, but cannot get back into SimCity. I've decided to put the project on hold indefinitely. It will likely stay dormant for a year or more, if it ever gets revived. I've made some really good friends here and I will keep fond memories of you all. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to commit to this union, or any union.

It is therefore my sad duty to inform you of my resignation and the withdrawal of Arcacia and Lycanthia from the Alliance of Independent Nations.

Thank you, and farewell.
Thomas
Nation: Calaré

Re: Resignation

Postby Thomas » April 11th, 2012, 1:56 pm

I don't know what to say. I knew this was coming, yes, but... I'm really going to miss you here Daniel. I do hope we can keep talking on Skype because it has been an honour to work with and be friends with you over the last two years, through good times and bad, and it won't be the same without you in this union.
Best of luck, and hope to talk again to you soon.
JJ
Nation: Ascadylea

Postby JJ » April 11th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Dan, I kinda knew this was coming as well. I truly wish you the best in all your future endeavors. We have had some fun times chit chatting through skype over these last two years, and I hope I can also still consider you my first Aussie friend. I would also like to bestow upon you the honor of being an Honorary Member of the AIN. Your grand contributions and leadership though our times of Crisis have certainly earned you this honor. This is truly a sad day for us all. Be well! Namaste!
[centre]Image[/centre]
Ace

Postby Ace » April 12th, 2012, 9:39 pm

Farewell Dan. :( , best of luck!
mayorm
Nation: Marquette

Postby mayorm » April 14th, 2012, 1:47 am

I haven't been around to know you too well. But what I have heard of your contributions to AIN, and about your great personality around this community. It is sad to see you leave. I personally we could have got to know each other better. I wish you the best of the luck with your life and I hope you can return to Simcity sometime, maybe even drop by and say hi here :)

Farewell Daniel
-Your Aquaintence Mayorm
Daniel

Postby Daniel » April 14th, 2012, 3:12 am

Thanks, guys. To be perfectly honest with you, it's the friendships that have kept me around for as long as I have been. I would have left a long time ago if I didn't think of the friends I've made here in such fond terms. The problem is that I have very high standards and I am just unable to fulfil my own standard of activity and participation. This union has given a new lease of life to Arcacia, which has been a part of my life for almost 20 years. Arcacia still exists - it will for as long as I do. I will still be around, dropping in from time to time. I will still be on Skype for our chats, Thomas. They have been a highlight.

Shortly after I joined, I wrote a note about how the places we create in SimCity are more than just simulations, they are destinations. I have in the past, put SimCity aside for a time, only to return to it a few months or a year later with renewed zeal. I think that's what will happen here. Once I've had some time to settle into my new life, once I find my rhythm, I'll once again return to the game. When that happens, I will be back. I'd say that I hope the AIN is still around then, but with everything that this union has survived, I'm fairly certain that it's future is solid. That's another reason I feel safe in stepping out for a while.

I accept Honorary Membership wholeheartedly and I am honoured to have earned your respect in that regard. If I can make a few requests: I would still like to maintain my wiki articles, if I may. They are an important way for me to organize Arcacia's framework. Also, can I also request that Arcacia and Lycanthia's location be held in reserve? Arcacia has been in the same spot since I invented it in 1993 and I have placed it in a state of permanent dibs.

Thank you all for your friendship, your humour and your support. The last 3 years have been more fun than I could have possibly envisaged when I joined.

[centre]If I give you a clean sheet,
What will you write?
Will your words be long and graceful
Or short and sweet?
Will it be poetry
Or brute instinct?
If you have something to say,
Best say it now.
For soon, always too soon,
My sheet will be filled
And this chapter will end
As sure as the next will begin.
With a clean sheet,
New Authors,
And a million possibilities.

Image[/centre]
Hiigar
Nation: Hiigara

Postby Hiigar » April 14th, 2012, 3:42 am

Bye Daniel, hope all the best for you and the riches and all the happiness. We are always here for you.
Thomas
Nation: Calaré

Postby Thomas » April 14th, 2012, 9:20 am

I will personally ensure that Arcacia and Lycanthia's positions, wiki articles and forums are preserved. Best farewell ever, by the way.
Kevin
Nation: Corraile

Postby Kevin » April 14th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Goodbye Daniel.

Thanks for everything. Your service, loyalty and dedication have been one of a kind ever since I joined 2 years back. Yup, you do deserve that honorary membership, and I'll be looking back to your return to the union. Someday, perhaps, we'll see Arcacia back into the AIN again.

Blue skies.
Kevin
[centre]Image[/centre]
[centre]Image Image Image Image Image[/centre]
MiguelLeal

Postby MiguelLeal » April 16th, 2012, 6:47 pm

Bye my friend! Good times we passed! Hope to see you coming sometimes and say something, ok?
[center]Image[/center]

Visit Fairview!
Spy9600
Nation: Atlantic Federation

Postby Spy9600 » April 18th, 2012, 1:44 am

Farewell friend,

I am really glad I've been a member of this Union for long enough that I could have had you as our Vice-President. Your organization, bureaucratic standards and professionalism inspire my actions and my CJ's policies to this day.
It was a really rich experience to read some of your posts, listen to some of your experiences and even talk to you sporadically some age ago. I totally support your Honorary Membership and I find it well deserved. Good luck with real-life, I wish you the best.

Good bye, I do hope you settle-down and find your time and someday become able to fully join us again.

:)
Huston
Location: The Royal Palace, Maine, Maine, Lluania, Llithustania

Postby Huston » April 19th, 2012, 10:13 am

Its sad to see such a dedicated member go :( I never really got to know you very well, but judging by your activity here on the union and some of the skype chats I managed to sneek through, that you're a truly dedicated and outstanding member and it's truly a loss to the union to have you leave. Farewell and see you sometime :)

Return to “Republic of Arcacia”