Otto for President

We will soon need a new president, and we already need a new Minister of Finance and Information. This is your place to run for either of these two offices and vote for your preferred candidates. It's your choice, AIN!

Moderator: Hiigar

Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Re: Otto for President

Post by Thomas » November 5th 2013, 6:35 pm

I definitely agree that we need to sort out the issue of inactivity and the profligation of "on-leave" membership. However, I don't think that trying to sort it out through such a direct approach will work - we need to sort out the inactivity issue from the origin, perhaps not so directly.
This could involve perhaps changing the laws on our leave policy and assessing all members that are "on leave" or for their activity.

It's a difficult one and we need to make sure we get it right. I fully agree with you that it's embarrassing when major events like AINVision see a sharp decline in activity.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » November 5th 2013, 10:15 pm

Ottoh11 wrote:Well, if we had only a small minority of members participating in MAIN events (hence the name), our Union is doomed to fall into inactivity. Our main Events are the backbone of this Union, and if we had less and less participation from event to event, and only a core group of members is participating, then we could without any problems just give up regular union-wide activity. I think that events are more fun the more members participate. Obviously it is also a bit more work, but the result looks better. ;]

Maybe Mandatory Participation is the wrong call, but rather connect big events with member checkpoints. We have almost half of our members on leave or inactive. This is unacceptable.
I most certainly agree with you that activity has declined too much, but again, mandating AINvision participation doesn't make it more fun. Members would only be compelled to participate to save their membership, not to have fun.

Member checkpoints, in my opinion, is a better idea. That way we can keep fun union events and serious administrative business apart from each other.
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » November 5th 2013, 10:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Otto .. appreciate the sentiment behind your ideas and sorry for the debate that it has caused in your election thread.
Coming soon, new information.
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » November 7th 2013, 5:23 pm

Debate is good Fox. ;)

What are your views on other unions Otto?
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
Otto
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Post by Otto » November 7th 2013, 7:05 pm

I don't see any issues with other Unions. Of course, we should further engage in inviting people to this union. Every member who joins and remains active is a good member. I don't see a big issue with other Unions as long as we stick to our yard and mind our own business.
And i never even got behind what's the main problem with other unions. as i said, as long as we mind our own business we should not have any complications from that side.

Return to “Campaigning | 2013 By-elections”