Behind the Scenes

by City_Master
Image Motto: Peace and Prosperity | La paix et la prospérité | Te rangimarie me te whai
Anthem: Our Home | Notre Maison | Tatou Fare
Charlie
President of the AIN
President of the AIN
Nation: New Duveland

Re: Behind the Scenes

Postby Charlie » April 12th, 2017, 8:01 am

Cheers guys! I thought it'd be interesting to build a smaller city than what I'm used to, definitely had a lot more time to focus on the smaller details! Definitely happy with the layout, and now I'm gonna focus on bring up a colonial "old town" area. I'll be posting updates as I go don't you worry :P
Image Image Image Image
Charlie
President of the AIN
President of the AIN

Postby Charlie » June 28th, 2017, 3:36 pm

Back again once more with some updates of Blois! The city centre is now mostly complete, and will probably focus on the industrial area and airport next.

Full Album here: http://imgur.com/a/QM1db
Image Image Image Image
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Postby InvaderNat » June 28th, 2017, 11:36 pm

Wow that's a really nice medium-sized city. :up: I like the way the highways have been blended into the city rather than just cutting a line through it. The highway along the shoreline reminds me of New York and many other American cities, which were forced to build highways around the edges of downtown due to rapid growth. Thus your city seems quite realistic as though it naturally-developed over time, rather than a planned out city from the beginning as many others do. I always struggle with my highways and transport networks, which caused me to temporarily lose interest in C : S.
Charlie
President of the AIN
President of the AIN

Postby Charlie » June 30th, 2017, 2:18 am

Cheers Nat! I did use NYC as inspiration for that too, as well as Brisbane too. tried to make the highway efficient but also tight, as it was built over existing neighborhoods. Where there was new space created, 70's styled public housing blocks and low-density commercial areas took it's place :lol:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Commonwealth Realm of New Duveland”