Election Headquarters

Stay tuned for the nominations, latest campaign news, voting and results to elect the 8th Government of the Alliance of Independent Nations.
Nominations: 1-9 Feb Campaigning: 10-18 Feb
Voting: 19-28 Feb Results: 1 Mar

Moderator: Thomas

Zack

Election Headquarters

Post by Zack » February 2nd 2013, 12:12 am

[centre]Eighth General Election of the Alliance of Independent Nations[/centre]

Nominations: 1st - 9th February 2013
Campaigning: 10th - 18th February 2013
Voting: 19th - 28th February 2013

Eighth Government Term: 1st March 2013 - 1st September 2013

General Election Commissioner: Thomas

Structure of Election

Members who wish to run for a specific ministry will post below and will be added to the list of nominees for that ministry. If there is only one person running for a ministry, then "other" will be the option at the ballot, and those who vote other will have to PM the electoral commissioner with their vote. If nobody is running for a department then a member will be assigned to it by the admins and the new Executive. You can only run for two ministries maximum.

Anyone contesting these positions are free to begin working on a campaign now, but you are not permitted to post it on the forums or have a campaign signature until the 10th February at the earliest. Please ensure that you only have one signature image showing during the election period.

Nominations List

All nominations must be posted here, and no changes or new nominations are allowed after the 9th February 2013. Lists of positions, details on the ministries and nominees are provided below. Members running for Executive Council (i.e. President or Vice President) must have been AIN members continuously since the 1st September 2012. A full list of members who are ineligible to run for those two positions is given in the next post.

Executive Council

President of the Alliance
The President functions as the head administrator, lead the development of the forums, ensures the AIN Parliament and Security Council run effectively, represents the union ceremonially in events, national tours and to other unions as well as making laws and consulting on the strategic direction of the AIN. Holds the power to ban members, shut the website down (temporarily) and make union addresses.

Nominees: Zack (woodb3kmaster)

Vice President of the Alliance
The Vice President is the head moderator, convenes and organises union events, ensures member's welfare, oversees the running of government departments/organs and assists the President when required. Holds the power to ban members, shut the website down (temporarily) and make union addresses.

Nominees: Alec (mysticdestiny), Ace (10000000000000)

Ministries

Speaker of Parliament
Encourages people to debate in the Legislative Assembly and moves bills to vote in the Senate after sufficient debate. Organises hearings on bills if they are vetoed. Ensures the constitution is upheld by all members and informs the Executive of any breaches. The Speaker can block a deployment of Peacekeeping forces by calling a democratic vote of Member States in the Senate. The Speaker should not run on a ticket with the Executive and must be able to hold them to account in a neutral manner and manage any votes of no confidence.

Nominees: Emir (ggamgus)

Ministry for Culture, Arts and Sport
Oversees every union event and helps the organisers, encourages participation in the Simlympics, oversees the sporting leagues and competitions, runs the AINvision song contest and assists the Executive Council in organising the Union Calendar to encourage participation in events and maximise activity.

Nominees: Otto (Ottoh11)

Ministry for Education, Health and Infrastructure
Manages the health, education and well-being of all AIN citizens, co-ordinates disaster relief, helps lessen the gap between less developed and more developed AIN nations, documents living standards and encourages nations to improve their infrastructure by allocating AIN funds.

Nominees: Gregor

Ministry for Finance and Information
Manages the unions economic policy, the AINERO zone, trade, the AIN budget, statistics and data, the AIN map and liaises with the wiki team to ensure members participate.

Nominees: Seth (BoeingCity)

Ministry for Environment, Agriculture and Transport
Runs the transport forums in the AIN, collects data on air/land/sea routes between nations, encourages development of transportation infrastructure, legislates agriculture & food policy along with ensuring AIN nations care for their resources and the environment.

Nominees: Will (RepublicMaster), Fox
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
Zack

Re: Election Headquarters

Post by Zack » February 2nd 2013, 12:19 am

Members Ineligible to Run for Executive Council Offices

The following members have not been members of the AIN continuously since 1 September 2012 and are therefore ineligible to run for President or Vice President in this month's elections, in accordance with the Minimum Membership Term Act. If you're one of these members, please don't fret. Your membership is important to us, and we hope that you'll consider running for an Executive Council office at the next general elections in August (or for one of the ministerial positions now, or even both).

ggamgus
BoeingCity
Kruness
daTS
SimEmirate
Kakado
MayorDreams
Fox
Westy177
RepublicMaster
YingBlanc
City_Master

Once again, the above members are still welcome (and encouraged) to run for a ministerial position in these elections. All other members are eligible for all positions and can run for whatever they wish.
NYHAVEN
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » February 2nd 2013, 12:26 am

Well then... :)

If I can run for a ministerial position, then I now nominate myself for Speaker of Parliament. *gasp*

:P
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
BoeingCity

Post by BoeingCity » February 2nd 2013, 12:29 am

I am very very very very interested in running for Minister of the MFI.
Zack

Post by Zack » February 2nd 2013, 12:31 am

And in true fraternal style, I'll second your nomination. :D

Meanwhile, I nominate myself for President.

(BTW, I don't mean to imply that all nominations have to be seconded. I'm just seconding Emir's for the fun of it. :P)

Just thought I'd mention that, until Thomas returns home, I'm filling in for him as Electoral Commissioner. Shouldn't be a big deal, since he'll be back before nominations end.
NYHAVEN
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » February 2nd 2013, 12:33 am

Why, thank you, Zack. :)
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Zack

Post by Zack » February 2nd 2013, 12:38 am

Somehow I missed Loony's nomination when I replied earlier. All nominations up to this point are now included in the OP.
NYHAVEN
Will

Post by Will » February 2nd 2013, 12:58 am

I'd like to run for the Ministry for Environment, Agriculture and Transport. :)
mysticdestiny

Post by mysticdestiny » February 2nd 2013, 1:00 am

I'd like to nominate myself to run for Vice President of the Alliance.
bigro

Post by bigro » February 2nd 2013, 6:47 am

ooooooooooooosnap. Feburary Ain't good for lil' ol' Bigro but he'll still nominate for speaker of the parliament.

Simply because Ain't nobody got time to admin. Bah, I'll even learn to use the mod panel and not an admin panel. Darned crap is hard man, I'm used to admin panels. Don't judge me.

Anyway, idea time, probably not the greatest place or time for it but WHY NOT. New Ministry, speaker of [term for whatever the place is new members come in] Basically a duplicate of speaker of the parliament but for the new members center. For those times when crap gets crazy. I'd work out specifics, but Febry reno's.

Anyway~ I'll hold you to this gg, may the speakinest spoke speak the speaker.
That one guy
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » February 2nd 2013, 7:16 am

Ooh.. this will be good, I definitely want to see a Skype debate between you two.
Coming soon, new information.
Zack

Post by Zack » February 2nd 2013, 8:06 am

Interesting... This ought to be good. I look forward to a debate between you two!
NYHAVEN
Otto
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Post by Otto » February 2nd 2013, 8:14 am

forget the MEAT minister, i'll go for MCAS.

get some good sports going here. lol
Last edited by Otto on February 2nd 2013, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregor
Nation: Oka & Malerno

Post by Gregor » February 2nd 2013, 10:27 am

I'll nominate myself as MEHI!
_____________ Image Oka City AIN Cultural Capital 2018
Zack

Post by Zack » February 2nd 2013, 10:36 am

We now have at least one nominee for each position, but don't let that stop you from nominating yourself (or someone else) for any position you (or they) want. Also, don't forget that you can hold up to two ministerial positions at once if you really want to, and you expect to be able to devote adequate time to both. The more candidates we have for each position, the better off the Alliance will be!
NYHAVEN

Return to “Eighth General Election”