Alliance Games Enquiry

All of the union's Cultural and Arts Exhibitions, along with many other General Events are run by and stored in this agency!

Moderator: Director of Culture

Will

Re: Alliance Games Enquiry

Post by Will » September 26th 2013, 11:08 am

Yeah well I found the decision to cancel the games came rather quickly, rather than just extending the period for bidding perhaps?
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » September 26th 2013, 2:40 pm

Really, I was worried since Loony DID bid and the last Winter game the only bidder (Linktoria) won the hosting rights, so I don't see why Loony didn't host it defalto. I too think that the decision to cancel it was rushed and un-thought about. me and Otto are in talks right now to start the process for the next Summer Games.
Ace

Post by Ace » September 26th 2013, 11:41 pm

Will wrote:Yeah well I found the decision to cancel the games came rather quickly, rather than just extending the period for bidding perhaps?
It's called the summer games for a reason Will, and it wouldn't make sense to have it in mid-fall. No one showed any interest in forming a bid (except Aran and Seth), and so it was probably better to just cancel it than to let it sit in the Featured section unattended for the next 3 months (kind of like MSU is doing now).

I get the formatting isn't the greatest, but why wasn't I made aware of that maybe during the bidding process?
Ace wrote:"Any questions, please feel free to PM me (Ace) or hit me up on Skype! "
And Ying, if you go back and read you'll see that Seth was "starting to lose interest [in the games] as well". I didn't want to push him into something that he wasn't enthusiastic to do. That's not what the union is about.
Will

Post by Will » September 27th 2013, 4:31 am

Well then, I could never host the "Summer" games as my nation is located in the Southern hemisphere.

I think we should move to a once yearly Alliance games, which can be bidded on the year before, making the timing and preparation much more flexible. :P
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » September 28th 2013, 6:38 pm

I suggest coming up with a new system of running it, to make it less time-consuming, and trial it in a small-scale Winter Games. That way we can iron out any flaws in time for the Summer Games.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » September 28th 2013, 7:51 pm

That's what me and Otto are considering, it'll be a brand new system and new aspects all together basically.

Return to “Alliance Cultural Agency”