AINERO Free Trade Zone

The Ministry of Finance's first Finance Ministers Summit, hosted by the United Kingdom of Cattala in June 2012.
Ee99

Re: AINERO Free Trade Zone

Post by Ee99 » June 9th 2012, 11:40 am

Oh sorry, I didn't realize. I'll re-think it with that in mind.
mayorm
Nation: Marquette

Post by mayorm » June 9th 2012, 4:54 pm

1. Do you want your country to be a part of the AINERO Zone? No, I believe that if one country has a problem, Marquette would be hurt by the free trade zone.
2. Do you believe the Free Trade Area should be compulsory for all members? No, a nations soveriegnty should not be compromised by this agreement.
3. Would you like to see regional currency blocs set up, to replace the previous AINERO currency union? Undecided as of right now
4. Do you believe free trade is beneficial to all members of the Alliance and should be encouraged? No, after having to do a research paper on the subject of free trade, it is my assumption that because this will be based off of the models set up in real life, the benefits of free trade are unequal and favor those countries that push free trade on others. Free Trade appears to be beneficial to all parties involved, however, in reality is only beneficial to some parties involved.
5. Do you think extending the Free Trade Area to include freedom of movement would benefit the Alliance and its member states? In my opinion I don't think free trade would be beneficial to AIN.
Simul8ter8

Post by Simul8ter8 » June 9th 2012, 9:17 pm

Some other nations have said what i believe better than I could so... some of there stuff will be in here

1. Do you want your country to be a part of the AINERO Zone?

No. Hokkodo would like to be excluded from the AINERO Zone for now. Hokkodo Does however see both the pros and cons and may become a member later on if it is in the Country's best interest.

2. Do you believe the Free Trade Area should be compulsory for all members?

No. We believe that in this situation AIN members should be allowed to decide if they would participate.

3. Would you like to see regional currency blocs set up, to replace the previous AINERO currency union?

No.

4. Do you believe free trade is beneficial to all members of the Alliance and should be encouraged?

Only for the ones that would benefit from it in certain situations.

5. Do you think extending the Free Trade Area to include freedom of movement would benefit the Alliance and its member states?

- The freedom of movement will allow for the free, unrestricted movement of labour within the Alliance's member states, by removing any requirements before any citizen of the Alliance can move to work and live in another country (within the Alliance, of course). This, naturally, will have ramifications for both the developed and developing countries within the Alliance, since unrestricted labour flow will result in a brain drain in the developing countries. Similarly, there will be a glut of labour, both skilled and unskilled, entering the developed countries. This saturates the job markets and can fuel the rise of radical conservatism and xenophobia, especially in the light of current economic conditions. Thus, while there are noble principles underlying the implementation of the freedom of movement, it is not advisable at this point in time.

Hokkodo agrees with the above statement.
JJ
Nation: Ascadylea

Post by JJ » June 10th 2012, 8:59 am

1. Do you want your country to be a part of the AINERO Zone? Ascadylea would have to see the other countries participating in the Free Trade Zone before they render a final decision
2. Do you believe the Free Trade Area should be compulsory for all members?certainly not. Each country should be exercise its sovereign right to choose its own destiny
3. Would you like to see regional currency blocs set up, to replace the previous AINERO currency union? Ascadylea would not participate in a regional currency. It may be good for other nations
4. Do you believe free trade is beneficial to all members of the Alliance and should be encouraged? Free trade may help some nations, but may also be detrimental to nations that depend on the Tariff income
5. Do you think extending the Free Trade Area to include freedom of movement would benefit the Alliance and its member states? The movement of goods and the movement of persons between political borders are two separate things and should NOT be lumped together in the same category
[centre]Image[/centre]
bigro

Post by bigro » June 10th 2012, 10:58 am

But would the Italians sell you their olive oil. That is the question. You see they would have their own nations to sell it to tax free and they would just ignore you in said situation OR jack up the prices. Nothing good can come of an exclusive free trade zone. It's all or nothing and I don't see how less taxes is a good thing really :I (it's not discriminatory if you tax everyone the same, it is if you let some people get in free)

And if the Italians were to sell you their olive oil at not inflated prices, why would you even bother with Cattala in the first place? I mean you get tax off the Italians and not Cattala....It's a no brainer really.
That one guy
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » June 10th 2012, 1:15 pm

The free trade area won't be "exclusive". Its not like you just trade freely with the countries in there, you just don't tax the imports from the countries inside the FTA. No tariffs means lower prices for consumers and more competition with domestic suppliers, and less protectionism as you increase competition with companies from outside your nation.

Also, unless you have some auturky-style economy, its not your government that's going to be importing the goods. Its businesses and shops - who want the lowest price possible. If Cattalian farmers offers you olive oil at a more competitive price because they don't have to pay tariffs on goods going into your country, then your companies are going to buy Cattalian olive oil.

Some people also seem to be getting confused with a free trade area, like NAFTA, and the European Union. There's a very big difference between them.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
Erper1077

Post by Erper1077 » June 13th 2012, 8:30 pm

Valsgärde would like to be part of this free trading zone, but cannot give away their inflated currency. We cannot do that because that will decrease our export. And that is disastrous for our current economy which is based on a industrial sector. We would like to see that we can be part of this society. The (small) companies will get a great benefit from the idea if all the import substutions are gone.
[centre]Image[/centre]
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » June 14th 2012, 8:11 am

@Erper1077 : There are no plans for a currency union in the AIN.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » June 14th 2012, 8:19 am

The Government is currently reviewing the possibility of joining the AINERO Free Trade Zone and is on holding discussions with business leaders, Unions and trade representatives as to the pro's and con's of joining. The Government will contact you once a decision has been made.
Coming soon, new information.
JITS

Post by JITS » June 14th 2012, 8:18 pm

King Mustafa I of Saremia supports the AINERO FTZ on behalf of the 7 regions of the Kingdom of Saremia.
[centre]"He's cute but I think he's married to Shuby hehe"[/centre]
Erper1077

Post by Erper1077 » June 14th 2012, 9:18 pm

Thanks for pointing that out Thomas.

1. Do you want your country to be a part of the AINERO Zone?
Yes sure!
2. Do you believe the Free Trade Area should be compulsory for all members?
Hmm. No I think that it's better if we can choose that.
3. Would you like to see regional currency blocs set up, to replace the previous AINERO currency union?
No, that would harm the world economy
4. Do you believe free trade is beneficial to all members of the Alliance and should be encouraged?
Yes it removes import & export substitutions and it makes stronger relationships between countries as they need each other for more money and products
5. Do you think extending the Free Trade Area to include freedom of movement would benefit the Alliance and its member states?
What JJ said ;)
[centre]Image[/centre]
Nanami
Nation: Nakama & Karasem

Post by Nanami » June 17th 2012, 12:08 am

1. No, Karasem won't got into the AINERO zone
2. No, as it would better if members choose theirself
3. No.
4. Well, only for some situation and condition of the member nation. As for poorer country that don't ready they may be driven into failure
5. It may be necessary in some points but in overall no.
Meriah 2019 - Spirit of AIN Serika 2019 - Discover the Future

Return to “Finance Ministers Summit”