These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Alliance of Independent Nations. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- Members must be at least 13 years of age when registering on these forums. #
- Members must abide by all laws passed by the Senate. #
Members should represent the union on other sites with proper conduct.
- Proper conduct includes, but is not limited to: showing respect for other members and their opinions, helping new members, offering constructive criticism, and any behavior which may be classified as selfless, considerate, helpful or creative.
- Improper conduct includes, but is not limited to: reacting to a member's out-of-character behavior with in-character consequences, destructive or unconstructive criticism, rudeness, needless threats and ultimatums, selfish acts that lead to wider consequences for others, and ignorance.
Members may not make posts that target another member.
- Targeting a member includes, but is not limited to: flaming, jokes at a member's expense, discrimination based on race/sex/religion/creed/sexual orientation etc., defamation of any kind, or taking moderative or administrative action against a member due to a personal dispute (henceforth referred to as “abuse of moderator/administrator powers”, or other reasonable variations thereof).
Members may not spam threads, except where explicitly permitted.
- Spam includes, but is not limited to: off-topic posting, redundant posting, and posting that does not advance the conversation in a meaningful way.
Members are expected to show proper conduct on the forums.
- In addition to the definitions given in clause 4(a) also applying in this section, excessive profanity is prohibited.
- Members may not share personal information of other members. #
- Members may not impersonate fellow members of these forums elsewhere. #
- Members may not advertise real-life products of any type on these forums without consent. #
- Members may not plagiarize. #
- Members may not cheat in union events. #
Members must follow all instructions, orders, etc. given by a forum moderator or administrator.
- Exceptions may be granted if a sufficiently good reason is given.
- The mod/admin team shall decide if a reason is good enough to justify granting an exception.
Members may not commit criminal damage.
- Criminal damage consists of defacing, destroying, or making unauthorized edits to union property, including (but not limited to) the AIN website, forums, wiki, or laws.
- Members under no circumstances may register two accounts or share account information. #
- All distribution and promotion of so-called “modpacks” (unauthorized compilations of SimCity 4 plugins) shall be prohibited, and no links to modpacks or sites which host them shall be posted. #
Members may not post two (2) or more messages in the same thread (hereafter referred to as “double-posting”) unless:
- at least one (1) other member posts a message between the first and subsequent posts,
- at least twenty-four (24) hours has elapsed between the first and subsequent posts,
- the member in question is double-posting in one of his own city journal threads, or
- the member in question is double-posting in order to reserve posts in another thread which he started.
Members must identify all roleplay in their posts by formatting it with the [roleplay] bbcode tags.
- Non-roleplay text may be formatted at the member’s discretion, provided that he does not use the [roleplay] tags to format such text.
Members may not glorify Nazism in their posts, regardless of whether it is in roleplay or not.
- Glorification of Nazism consists of: denying the Holocaust; displaying any Nazi symbols anywhere on the forums, wiki, or chatrooms except in a way that mocks Nazism; displaying a non-joke image of Adolf Hitler anywhere on the forums, wiki, or chatrooms; using Nazism or any part of its ideology in the formation of national identity; and any speech that favors Nazism.
- This rule does not prohibit open discussion about the facts of World War II, any reference to Nazi Germany in an historical context or as part of national histories (including the use of images of World War II to illustrate said history), or chatroom games such as “Wiki Hitler”.
- Members may not apply to join any other union for any reason without first applying for dual membership, as described in 1 A.I.N.C. §4; and membership in three (3) or more unions is strictly prohibited. #
- The rules contained in section 1 shall also apply, whenever possible, to any and all chatrooms established by or for the AIN, and to any chatrooms which a non-member may reasonably assume to be affiliated with the AIN, whether those chatrooms are created on Skype, IRC, or any website or other instant messaging client. #
- In addition to the above rules, if any member present in a chatroom is uncomfortable with or offended by the topic under discussion at any time, or with the way a discussion is going, he may state his discomfort with (or offense at) that topic, after which all public discussion of that topic must cease immediately. #
- All AIN forum administrators and moderators shall be authorities in all AIN-affiliated chatrooms, and shall have power to enforce these rules, and to discipline any member who refuses to comply with these rules. #
- Punishment of offenses committed in a chatroom shall be at the discretion of the administrators and moderators present in that chatroom, and may include warnings for first and second offenses, temporary removal from the chatroom after a third offense, or any more severe punishment deemed appropriate for subsequent offenses. All punishments for chatroom offenses may be appealed to the Executive Council unless specified otherwise. #
- For more information on this board's rules, including disciplinary procedures and the statute of limitations for violations of these rules, you may read AIN Code Title 3. #